The Trials and Tribulations of Buying Chinese Clothes Online
If you’re like me, you very easily are influenced to try to buy women’s clothes online because the manufacturers are abundant, the clothes look absolutely gorgeous, they carry your size, and the prices are quite reasonable. In addition, you don’t have to chance meeting anyone you know (as a male) as you might in a dress shop or at a mall. If you’re not at all like me, I really don’t understand how you’ve avoided this. So, I am offering to share with you what my experiences have been like and learn from what I’ve learned from purchasing Chinese clothes online.
- I) Are all the manufacturers reputable? No, they all aren’t. Some standby their goods and some don’t – i.e. some will refund your money if the clothes are less than you expected them to be, and some won’t. I wish I could tell which manufacturers or sellers of the clothing reputable and which ones are not, but my experience with these manufacturers or sellers is not so vast and thorough. There are just so many Chinese sellers of clothing out there, there’s no way anyone could cover the reviews and recommendations for them all!
2) Are the sizes accurate if they say they are USA compatible sizes? Most of them are, but that too varies a bit. Usually, if anything, they are undersized and you need to look at the meaning of the sizes (therefore, read what the size means in the Size Key – don’t merely expect the size to be a USA XL). If you must make a guess, go for one size larger than you think you need.
3) Are the prices accurate and affordable? For the most part, they are. They’re not steals but they are affordable.
4) Are the dresses pretty and wear well? For the most part they are gorgeous and very wearable.
5) How reliable are the dates given for shipment? Not very reliable. There are 2 parts to the shipment, usually: The first part is the processing part and that can vary across the board. The second part is the actual shipping time and that can add weeks or months to the actual delivery. YOU MUST LEAVE EXTRA TIME TO RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE. I do a lot of traveling and have missed several deliveries. The saving grace is that you usually will finally be given tracking information AFTER the package is already scheduled to be shipped (not processed).
6) I usually order dresses and have gotten many compliments in their responses to the clothing I’ve purchased from Chinese sellers. All in all, counting the clothes that NEVER appeared, I think I’m still way ahead money wise.
7) Can I suggest any manufacturer who I’ve generally been satisfied with? This is not meant to be a whole-hearted recommendation, but I’ve found Rotita to be the best Chinese manufacturer in terms of reliability and quality.
Good luck to all of you all with your overseas purchases!
Now girls, if you would, share some of your own experiences with me and the rest of our CDH readers as far as your luck purchasing from Chinese sellers or manufacturers.
What advice, other than what I’ve offered up, would you add to the list of questions and answers I’ve provided above? Especially if you’ve had some super luck with one or two specific sellers of Chinese made clothing you would definitely recommend to others.
I’m looking forward to your responses and let’s share our experiences with the other CDH girls who may be tentative about purchasing clothing from overseas.
More Articles by The Author
- The Odyssey: An Adventure in Disbelief
- Why Do We Crossdress?
- The Trials and Tribulations of Buying Clothes From Chinese Companies Online
Latest posts by Abby Lauren (see all)
- The Odyssey: An Adventure in Disbelief - July 5, 2020
- Why Do We Crossdress? - June 14, 2020
- The Trials and Tribulations of Buying Clothes From Chinese Companies Online - July 14, 2019