It may feel like there are times when we don’t have much to cheer about in our legal process. Transgender protections have been removed from ENDA (employment non-discrimination act) and it seems that even Democrats and the human rights commission has abandoned us.
Yet inspite of transphobia justice seems to prevail. Recently Broward County in Florida added transgender protections to the county’s anti-discrimination laws. Protecting gender identity, appearance and expression. In a previous article I mentioned that the way to win equal transgender rights was city by city, person by person. Taking them from surprise and fear to familiarity. I believe that’s how it’s going to happen. As each city and county signs laws that protect us, we will enter the national arena with a large core of support from across the country.
I love posting about these steps forward for justice and freedom. I know there are many who are afraid, many who have been treated unfairly, denied employment and opportunities. I think we should all celebrate whenever our brothers and sisters are sparred this fate.
More Articles by The Author
- I Want to Live Like That
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019
- You Are Enough
Latest posts by Vanessa Law (see all)
- I Want to Live Like That - August 29, 2020
- Hope in Despair, Light through the Darkness - March 22, 2020
- Scholar Program – Transwomen’s Social Support for Medication Adherence - April 6, 2019
- Crossdresser Heaven Site Updates for January 2019 - January 28, 2019
- You Are Enough - March 5, 2017