182 Posts
4 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

When you marry the man you love, you hope for a life of bliss - your own 'happiness ever after', but even the most optimistic of us will expect some challenges along this wonderful journey called marriage. You probably didn't expect him to utter these fateful words, 'Honey, I'm a Cross Dresser'.

A few weeks ago I wrote an article about what to do if your boyfriend is a cross dresser.

Today I'll address some of the most common questions from wives who find out that their husband is a cross dresser. I highly recommend that you buy a copy of the book My Husband Wears My Clothes. It was written a few years ago by Peggy Rudd, a PhD and wife of a cross dresser. She provides loving insight into the how and why of cross dressing.

So what do you do when you find out for the first time? The most important thing to realize is that it is okay to feel shocked, uncertain and confused. It's not every day that you meet a cross dresser, much less find out that your husband is one!

The next thing to realize, is that he is telling you this because he loves and trusts you deeply. He is probably just as scared as you are right now. You both need to be careful not to say anything that would hurt the other person.You're both in a sensitive position. While you should respect that he it is difficult for him to share with you, you should also expect him to go as fast or as slow as you can handle.

The first thing to do is reassure him that you love him. This will be tough to do. You're shocked and not in full control of your emotions, but even though you just discovered your husband is a cross dresser you need to show love.

So now you may be wondering:
He's a cross dresser, is he gay? Probably not, most cross dressers are heterosexual

Why didn't he tell me about his crossdressing sooner? This one is tricky, ideally he would have shared with you before you were married. Most likely he thought he could control it, he thought that being married would quell the urge to cross dress. That hardly ever (never) happens, and he probably put it off for so long because he was afraid of how you would react. Ironically, he has hid this secret from you for so long because he loves you so much!

Why does he cross dress? Phew, an even tougher but great question. I explored this in some detail in my article 'why do men cross dress'. The short answer is that no one knows for sure and many men have different reasons for why they cross dress, but most describe it as a need, an urge that won't go away.

How can I make him stop cross dressing? You're asking all the right questions love, but you probably won't like the answer to this one. You can't stop him from cross dressing. Sure, you'll fight and he'll promise not to cross dress, but a few months later you'll find a pair of size 12 pink pumps in the wardrobe...

Does he want a sex change? Probably not. There are fewer transsexuals than cross dressers, so it is less likely that your husband has a desire to change his sex. Most cross dressers are happily married and only enjoy dressing part time.

So now what do I do? As I mentioned above, reassure him that you love him. Spend a lot of time in deep, open conversation with him about his desire to cross dress. Learn as much as you can about it (I know I sound like a used car salesman, but trust me buy this book!). Learn to compromise - let this grow you closer together rather than split you apart. Work with your husband to set limits that you are comfortable with as well. If you don't want him to dress when your friends are around; let him know.

Tri-Ess has some great information and a Crossdressers wives bill of rights which makes for a great starting point as you and your husband come to a fair compromise about his cross dressing. There are many other good resources on the Internet. Also, take some time to explore Crossdresser Heaven, I've gathered a number of resources that may be valuable for you.

Good luck, and please contact me if you need any support or advice!

Hugs,

Vanessa

P.S. Thanks to my lovely wife for reviewing this article before I posted it. As much as we listen, we need to be open to the precious woman in our lives - they are often trying to tell us more.

EDITOR NOTE: Crossdresser Heaven has a program exclusively for Significant Others. You'll be able to discuss issues in private with other SOs. Explore our Significant Other Program and contact JaneS if you are interested or would like further information. We would love to welcome you.

[kleo_button title="Explore the Significant Other Program" href="https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/significantothers/" style="primary" size="" ]

181 Replies
(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

> Crossdressing often times slows down
> as one grows into their twenties

I wish someone had told me that when I was 22 🙂 Joking aside, I think (and to use a cliche) in my heart of hearts, I knew that I'd be back. So, thanks for sharing.

I met my future wife when we were both in our 20s. At that time I was - for want of a better word - 'clean' or 'straight'. I really thought I could stay on the wagon but much later on.... 'course we all know how that little tale ended. 🙂

It's a little over 10 years since I told her and H does her best to cope. I know she sometimes wishes I wasn't like this (so do I some days) but it's not the end of a marriage if you keep talking and comprimise is necessary. As someone once said, TG folk have had 10 - 20 years to get their heads around it, but wives and girlfriends? Only a fraction of that time.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Hehe 🙂 Yes. There's always that small hope we have out grown cross dressing.
I can relate to what you're saying - I think the thrill of going out with someone we'll grow to love makes us forget about cross dressing. Mis leading us into thinking that we're "cured".

You said it right - if you keep talking and compromise. I think because we're forced to do that with cross dressing, it may actually build a stronger marriage.

Thanks for you comments Lynn, I enjoy reading them!

Hugs,
Vanessa

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I crossdress, it turns me on, but i hate myself for it

11 Replies
(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Hi Vanessa~
My question is this, in a nutshell, he told me lastnight...I find it fantastic and have no issues with it....but, he said something that really boggles my mind and I can't find any answers..I asked him if he would like me to shop for him for some welcome home gifts and he said yes...tops and bottoms..*trying to be discreet here*, he also said that was part of "the thrill, the attention"..what does that mean? Attention from who? Men, women, other CD's, people in general? I am struggling with ths, because I don't want a bombshell later if you know what I mean..can you help me?
Thank you..
Gaia

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Hi Vanessa
Thought i would tell you our story. I told my wife(M) when i first met her, before we had even thought of getting married or even engaged.
It was a slow process at first as i introduced her to Elaine and my 'extended' wardrobe, which i believe ultimately helped her deal with any concerns.
As time went on i became more confident with who i was and i can only put this down to M! as she gradually changed my wardrobe and made me look younger and more stylish in the process.
We have great fun when we go shopping for both of us whether i am Elaine or not and we love going to events when we are able.
We have a great marriage(now in our 12th year) and 2 wonderful girls to boot. I love my wife and am truly blessed to have her in not only my life but my heart, thoughts and actions every single day.
Elaine

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

My husband is a wonderful man and he told me early in our relationship about his love of wearing womens attire. I love him emmensly, we just got married and want to start a family. How do any of you recommend discussing the crossdressing to our children? I don't want to keep it from them but I don't want them to feel different from their classmates once they are in school.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Tammy,

What a wonderful and important question. We all worry about hour our actions and lifestyles will affect our children. I was worried about the exact same thing at one time in my life and will share with you the advice I received from my psychologist.

First your children will sense the emotions you and your husband feel about his dressing, so the two of you need to be completely honest with each other about how those feelings and how it effects you both of your lives emotionally. Your level of acceptance will be projected out onto your children, if you treat it as natural so will they.

The important part throughout the process it to preach diversity from an early age. Unfortunately from preschool on they will be forced to interact with peers who will project the beliefs and mores of their parents. They will be subjected to all sorts of unfortunate biases including many racial, sexual, and religious biases. You have to remember these innocent children learned these biases from their parents. Many of these biases were deeply ingrained into their sub-consciousness minds before they were even three and without a major catalyst will be there for life.

You cant control the way other people raise their children but you can yours. It is my belief that by introducing diversity into their lives from the onset including gender your children will be more loving and accepting of others and will live much happier lives.

But please don't take my opinion as fact, please, please, please, contact a professional who specializes in children and seek out their advice. I would never want to pass myself off as a professional.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

I am afraid I will lose my man. I knew he cross dressed for a long time, but now its getting so where he listens to someone that is a shemale and thinks its ok to like...do his brows and stuff ( I LIKE his freaking eyebrows the way they are). Maybe I am a baby about it but I really don't like that part of it. Its enough that I accept that he cross dresses, but now its getting worse, to the point where he removed his body hair (which was perfect the way it was if you ask me). 🙁 I don't want to break up with him because I love him, but its getting worse and worse every day 🙁
I just do not know what to do anymore. I don't want him to stop something that he cannot control because that would be horrible, but I really miss how he used to look before all this crap happened. I don't care if you guys/girls (whatever you refer to yourselves as) hate me, but I want him to at least just leave his face alone. I miss the goatee (he looked amazing with it). 🙁
am miserable, confused, and just feel like I want to jump off a bridge or something.

Admin
(@cdh)

Hi hon,

Sorry to hear that he's taking it further than you'd like. Have you had an opportunity to talk openly with him about this?

It's not unheard of for part time crossdressers to want to take it further, but he owes it to you to be open about his intents.

Hugs,
Vanessa

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

In fairness, women don't want to have to get permission to change their hair color...to get multiple piercings...or even to get a tattoo. It's their bodies, after all. How would you feel if your man demanded you shave a certain way, or at a specific time? It's controlling behavior, no matter WHO is demanding it.

Life is too short to be hung up on a goatee! It's body hair, for Pete's sake! Maybe you're too young to appreciate the bigger picture, but missing out on a loving relationship for want of stubble is a mistake you'd someday see...after it's too late.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

I am Devika's wife. In fact, when I knew that my husband (Komali Devika) is crossdresser, I was disappointed. However, as he has been good in bed as man, I thought there was no harm allowing him to dress him in saree. I encouraged him. I allowed him to grow his hair. I named him Devika, while in dress. Some times we (two ladies) go for shopping also. Now he is having mid-back length hair and also have a medium sized breast also. I do not use breast forms or any stuff for his breast. I use only padded bra, which is shown as real breast.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Hey some boys pull off an androginous look with long hair and sometimes facial hair too, think about Ville Valo, Brian Molko, Jared Leto, etc.
Short beard could go well with flamboyant, it maybe not outhright "feminine" outfits, or with some cleavage or gothic outfits. And also go creative with eyeshadow and nail polish too, if you want. If you groom yourself enough, a short beard will not pos an obstacle to the look. It's even more assertive of our likeness to dress outside common code even as males.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Very simple(how children prefer)---Playing dressup--
Our kids/grandkids--friends kids& their parents seem to accept that explanation quite well-

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Why do some folks consider this Shameful or harmful?
It's not like it hurts anyone or is harmful-just differant!

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Well, I am in a difficult position, my Wife doesn't know yet and on the other side I'm afraid to tell Her because it seems to me that She wouldn't like the news. Of course, when I'm home alone I use Her's nylons and garters (which I bought for Her 'cos I told Her I like it madly - but I never told Her I like to wear it also 🙂 her shoes (with a little of pain because these are smaller) and I dream about She and I going out at the evening and me wearing her pantyhose under my trousers and only She and I would know it. This situation, I mean, only a thought about it turns me on. But I'm afraid it will never happen becuse I don't know how to tell Her.
HELP PLEASE!

5 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Hi Gaia,
First, thank you for being so accepting and loving of your husband. It's wonderful that you find it fantastic! Before I get into your question I think this is a great time to do some research - Peggy Rudd's book above as well as the book "My Husband Betty" - https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/best-cross-dressing-book-my-husband-betty/ are both good resources.

To being part of the thrill, can you give me some more context? For me personally I enjoy looking as good as I can, and attention I appreciate would be the same as any woman who had dressed nicely and was complimented on it. I can only speak for myself, but attention from other women on how I'm dressed or presented is far more of a thrill than attention from men. And I think this is true for most crossdressers I know.

This may be a great place to continue the open and honest communication with your husband, share your concerns (and you support) with him. He also has a responsibility to be forthcoming now that he has told you.

Best wishes hon, please write again if you need more support, advice or just someone to listen.

Hugs,
Vanessa

Admin
(@cdh)

Thanks for sharing Elaine, your story is one of hope for many crossdressers. It's wonderful that you have such a positive and supportive relationship with your spouse, and that you've been able to integrate your crossdressing into your marriage in a way that both of you can enjoy.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Hi, You should tell her soon. I told my wife before we were married. I didn't want to hide it from her. My wife is very open minded. After the shock, she did some research on her own, and we talked about it alot. It's great now! I'm into lingerie. She asks me if I want to get pretty, about once a week. I love to wear a bra !!! She know that. She tells me how pretty I look when I'm wearing my bra. We go bra shopping alot. It is alot of fun wearing pretty bras and panties out when only you and your wife know. Good luck!!

Admin
(@cdh)

I agree with Becca, that honesty is important in marriage. While timing of the decision is very personal, the longer you wait the more betrayed she will feel. And as Becca says, there could be some unexpected benefits 🙂

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

When I started dating my now boyfriend I never once thought, "What would I do if he was a crossdresser?". As our relationship started to grow I would go to his house and would start finding ladies panties around. I would feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I kept my mouth closed for several weeks then I could not stand it any more. I confronted him about it. He came clean about it and told me that he enjoyed dressing in women's clothing. Acourse after I picked my jaw up off the floor I was able to talk to him about it. I asked him why he just did not tell me about what he enjoyed...his response was, "You was just not ready to hear it yet." But now, as it turns out I'm actually turned on with it and we to go shopping for his "cute" stuff and we have fun with it...Doing Ladies Day Out!!!!!

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Dear Vanessa
I am marry to a Crossdresser and this is very difficult for me to accept. He never told me he was a CD. Before we were married i found him one night dressed up and i was very confused and furious. I thought with time this would change.

I love him very much, but his CD takes over and he never knows when to stop. I am very tired that every night when i come home i find him on CD, i have told him many times that i wished that he would respect the fact that i am home and he would do this when he is on his own.

I am very confused because i feel humiliated but he doesn't seem to understand. His CD takes over and he makes it be more important than anything else.

I do not what to do. I know that every night he kills what is left of me and i am tired that i always get angry.

I need to know if i will ever learn to accept his CD.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Maria,

Thank you for your note. I know that this is a scary and confusing time, and you have a right to feel angry at him for not telling you before you're married.
It sounds like you're laying some of the blame, emotionally, on yourself for not accepting him. It also sounds like you're more frustrated that he won't listen to your concerns about CDing than with him actually being crossdressed when you get home. Him being crossdressed when you get home can be bad enough, but you may feel you've already told him not to, so he's crossdressing and disrespecting you.

The best advice I can give is to communicate and search for balance. I've struggled to do this myself in my marriage - I would crossdress 3-4 times a week if I could, and my wife would have me never crossdress. Somewhere in between there it's worth establishing boundaries that allow us both to feel validated and respected. As in any other area of marriage, whether it's finances or who gets to choose the TV show to watch, reaching a compromise that works for both of you can make things go a lot smoother.

Love, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you two. Best of luck!

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I'm from India. I'm very young. 18 years and I find crossdressing very exciting and erotic.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Hi Dipankar,
Thanks for stopping by - it's great to have you on Crossdresser Heaven. What's it like in India? Is crossdressing taboo, or more accepted? I've read a few articles about the transgendered in India, but haven't spoken with many crossdressers from India.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Im scared that my boyfriend only wants me for the sex. He is a CDer and is vary turned on by it. I dont care about that, im just concerned that he just wants me because i accept him and want to have sex with him, not because of who I am. I dont know if that makes sense to anyone. Please, someone tell me im crazy.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Hey Skye,
I don't know the personal situation between you and your boyfriend, but throughout history men and woman have wanted people for less noble reasons than their true inner being. Whether it's power, money, sex or family pressure. Wanting someone because they accept who you are may be no different, and perhaps less destructive.

However it is important that you feel nurtured and loved in the relationship. If the entire relationship revolves around your acceptance of his crossdressing this is not any healthier than a relationship revolving around a large trust fund. If I were to guess based on my personal experience, I would say that he is most likely just overindulging in acceptance that has been so long in coming. At finally feeling validated for who he/she is, one seeks to attain more of that validation and support of one's self worth. He may not be aware as to how you're feeling and sharing those feelings in a sincere and loving way with him may be all that is necessary for him to change.

Best of luck love!

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

I will admit there is a great deal of usful information here. My question is - what is a good compromise? For many CD's I know (myself included) what we want in some cases is to continue to dress in secret. If someone found out we would be so mortified that the thought would drive us insane. I am not a huge fan of Tri-Ess but I agree that if it is going to come down to the wife knowing - talk to a professional and more importantly to each other. You will learn a lot more about each other than you thought you might ever want to know.

1 Reply
Admin
(@cdh)

Marti: Do you mean a good compromise with your significant other? Or keeping it secret from others?
Personally, I don't think there is one "right" answer, and the degree to which you crossdress in front of your spouse and in public (or crossdresser clubs like Tri-Ess) is entirely dependent on what you are your wife feel comfortable with. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Hi, I am new to this site, but am finding a lot of helpful posts and info, so thank you. I am a wife of a CD and have many questions that I hope to get some advice/answers about.

My husband told me before we got married, which I appreciate. We've been married for about three years,but together for about eight. It is still very difficult to see him dressed, but I do admit, that I enjoy his company and our conversations when he is dressed.
My concerns are: (1) recently, his need to CD has become more intense. He now has boobs, makeup, wigs, etc to be more and more 'female'. One of my biggest concerns is that I will wake up one day to realize that he actually wants to be a woman. I don't know if these 'additions' to be more feminine when CD'ed is an indication of that.

My biggest concern is the fact that he is sexually aroused when CD'ed and has begun to regularly have anal sex with himself. I have a hard time even writing that.... I don't understand how he could be straight (and apparently enjoy hetro sex), but still want to have anal sex with himself. What do you think? Also, he has recently acquired an entire collection of TS porn and seems to want to dress up and watch it.....

I don't want to lose him, but I also want him to live a life that he is destine to live. I feel like I might be holding him back.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have no one to talk to, as no one knows except me. thank you.

4 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Hi love,

Thank you for writing and for being willing to try to understand your husband's crossdressing. I can understand how you must feel right now, at least from conversations my wife and I have had about this. It's okay for you to feel scared and uncertain.

Your fear about him one day wanting to be a woman is not unfounded. Truth be told, most crossdressers take a long time to accept themselves, much less discover who they want to be. There are many men who are quite content as crossdressers with no urge to have a sex change, even though they may dress to the nines for an evening out with makeup and wigs, etc. It may just be a desire to better pass as a woman. There are some men (a smaller percentage for sure) who decide to transition. Have you spoken with your husband about this? What does he say about his desire to be more feminine?

I'm definitely not a doctor (I start to feel faint at the sight of blood ), though in some ways your second fear may counteract your first. I've read that many doctors consider a man who has sexual fantasies about being a woman a poor candidate for transition. If the need is primarily based on sexual urges, then losing those (along with other parts) may cause severe depression once the transition is complete.

I must admit to being confounded by all the sexual proclivities and preferences. I would guess that a bisexual person would have similar desires (sex with a woman, as well as anal sex). I don't want to be too much of a prude, I realize that most men, ahhh, consume porn of some fashion. I would start to worry if his transsexual fantasies are used a a replacement for a fulfilling sex life with you. How does his solo-activities make you feel?

Does he belong to any groups, such as Tri-Ess? Some transgender support groups have wives/girlfriend only support groups. That may be a good place to find someone else to talk to who has gone through a similar experience. Please write back if you have any questions, I'd like to help however I can.

Hugs,
Vanessa

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Helo Alohagirl:
I must admit that my hubby also look at porn like that I spoke to him about it - but i he is not sure why u do it - I have started to introduce a anal toy in our play as i read on the web that a man's (gspot) is anal but i use the toy on him not all the time but we have fun together - but i luv him just the way he is and accept him - the only concern i have like u is about the porn and just sometimes wish that things could be black and white no like wishing he is not a CD i luv the female in him but just wish he would stop watching this and just be honest and clear in what he want - but sometimes i think that things r so hard for him to deal with that he don't know how to express himself or what to do with all this feelings - I feel so sorry and so wish i had all the answers but u know what all i can do is be there for him and read ur stories and try and learn and be able to deal with my own self.
Mwah have a fab day

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

My husband is a crossdresser. He never told me he was and we were married 25 years when I learned. The only reason he told me was because someone we both knew saw him at a place he apparently was going. I was calm and listen. I tried to understand and tried to live with it. But, I don't think I can. He tells me he is no longer going there and he has not done it since. I believe him but I know he wants to. He has seeked help through therapy. I feel like he cheated on me. Wasn't honest and I doubt him now when I never did before. We haven't had sexual relationship for over 2 years. He says he can't. Seeking therapy there, too. I no longer look at him the same way. I love him but there is no passion. He loves me and has been with me through my illnesses. I am healthy now. I want to be happy. I want to be in love again. I just don't know if I can. I hurt. I know a man never can be "cured" of the desires. I want him to be happy. I will not be happy if he continues. The family knows because he blames it on some abuse as a child. I don't know if that is true or an excuse. The family thinks I am wonderful because I accept that he was but no longer. I don't believe the "no longer" is for real. Am I hurting him by staying? Am I hurting me for staying? Do I accept that we have been friends all these years? Do I accept that we are older and need each others companionship? Do I let him have his desires and maybe find mine somewhere else but stay with him? I know he cannot handle if I were to leave him. "Do I stay or do I go?" There is probably no answers but as I read the comments I thought maybe there was someone out there that feels like me. I just want that person to know that someone else feels as they do.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

I like it, links at the top are fast, and the site is pleasing to the eye. Great job!

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

My boyfriend just told me on Sunday that he is a crossdreser. He said he has been wanting to tell me for a while (we've been together 1.5 years) but didn't know how. I'm not freaked out or anything, should I be?

He and I don't tell each other we love one another because I can't stand the thought of telling him that I do and getting no response from him. Now that I know he is a crossdresser could this be part of the reason? He didn't want to get too close because we could've broken up when he told me?

He's told people (I think mostly women) and none of them reacted well. I may have been the first person that didn't freak out.

I feel closer to him now than I ever have before. I knew he wasn't telling me everything about himself and I felt that he would eventually tell me (and he did). He's been hurt in the past and he's also older than me so he's more set in his ways (I guess) and seems to have a harder time dealing with rejection (never mind that past girlfriends weren't supportive).

I want to ask him if he wants me to participate with him. I don't want him to think i'm mocking him but I wonder if a real life experience would be much more exciting?

Thank you for having this website. I think I may need to rad other people's stories and also need some support. Besides my boyfriend I don't have anyone else to talk to.

Thank you.

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Hi, My hubby is a cder and I am so confused by this.I just don't get it.I feel like the guy here.when I go shopping for clothes he's always looking for him.When I put something nice on he dosen't say that looks good he looks at me and says I wish I could wear that. You know how that makes me feel, Like I'm not the woman here.what makes men do this?
Glinda

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

In my haste, I forgot to mark to email any comment or response. Please do, Thanks

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

Hello Ann,
I read your post and instantly felt a connection to you. Based on your posting, I think we might have similar concerns/worries. I posted my 'story' on April 23rd, if you want to read it. I understand how hard it must have been for you to find out. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, and thankfully, he told me before we married. I had a choice of whether or not to take the next step. There was a part of me that thought that I could change him, I guess.

My husband often tells me that he's 'done' - that he's going to throw away the clothes and not dress up any longer. At first, I thought this was great, but what I've realized is that, as hard as it is for me to understand and accept, it is a PART of him and to deny that part of him is to deny a part of who I feel in love with. I would guess that your husband has been crossdressing since he was a child or very young. It is part of who I fell in love with, even if I didn't know that about him.

I know that when my husband tries to deny himself of dressing, either one of two things happen: (1) he lies about it cover it up and thinks that he's not hurting me; or (2) the desire gets so intense that he has to dress and then it's for a longer period of time.

It's a really tough situation - more so than I ever thought. I don't know what to do most of the time. I worry about all sorts of things. I think the key is open communication and a willingness to stretch beyond your ideas of what a man/husband means. It defies gender lines and that makes it tough, among other reasons....

good luck - if you'd like to talk more, let me know.
cheers,

(@Lynn Jones)
Estimable Member

When I first realized that I wanted to crossdress in earnest, I had already been married 24yrs. When young, I would always go thru my mothers copy of 'Fredricks' and think " how nice many of those dresses were and wished I could wear some of them. But it wasnt till I turned 49 that I decide to Crossdress in earnest.
I was one of those men who would have like to but didn't because "Men are not suppose to wear womens clothing, if they do? something is wrong!" So I never said anything untill 24 years into marriage. when I finally did tell her, she asked me how far I waned to go with it? all of a sudden I felt like a kid in a candy store. It started out well. We went to wal-mart and I started picking things out to wear, slips, panties,skirts, etc. not considering how doing so might affect her and in the long run she ended up hating it. Remember. Your wife or girl frind wants to live her life with or around a man, not a women and when you tell her suddenly that "You want to Crossdress?" well, its quite a shock, both mentally and emotionally to them, especially after marriage (best to tell them before marriage if your sure thats what you are.) When I told my wife, I didnt do much research and especially on How to tell her and what to consider when I do. Remember! All kinds of things run through her mind. So research your feeling about crossdressing first then research what it might be like for her when you decide to tell her? Consider her feelings as well as your own. Then, if she is willing to let you have a go at it? Take it SLOW and COMMUNICATE with her every step of the way. Not doing so will extremely curtail your dressing, especially around her and even if she dosent totally accept it? At least she may let you go ahead and dress part time around her/house cause you took the time to consider her feelings about it and thats better than not being able to dress around her at all).

2 Replies
Admin
(@cdh)

Yvonne, that is great advice.
Do research.
Take it slow.
Communicate every step of the way.

Such important advice for others in a similar situation.

(@Lynn Jones)

Estimable Member

Hi,
I am 25 old from India. My girldfriend is aware about my crossdressing. In fact she has purchased Bra, panties & nylons for me.
Only sometimes she wants me not mention the crossdressing & I absolutely respect that. She is compromising by accepting my crossdressing. Can't i do even this much to keep her happy?
I think every crossdresser should try to convince their partner by showing some apathy.

I started dressing up in bra n panties initially with my GF & now we are moving ahead with skirts & night gowns. She is accepting me slowly & encouraging me too.

Page 1 / 6
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?